Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sand of Times

I wanted to go see this in the theater but never made it.  Not even when it hit the $2 theater here in town.  I finally got to watch it last week though.

I enjoyed watching the movie.  I thought I was going to see a little bit more action and more use of the dagger.  Maybe they'll make a 2nd one which would have to be an action flick but they would need a good story to go along with it if they made it.  Guess I'll need to grab the game to get some fighting in.  I'll have to add that to my list to get at some point in time.

They picked a good cast to play the parts.  I like Jake Gyllenhall as the main character.  He seems to fit the role well.  Especially with the quirky little jokes throughout the movie.  I just got through seeing Gemma Arterton in Clash of the Titans, so I was happy to see her in another movie so soon.  Everyone knows Ben Kingsley.  He's the villain in this film or the mastermind behind all that is happening.  I didn't even realize Alfred Molina was in the movie until later.  I just didn't recognize him while watching the movie.  Guess being dressed up with shaggy clothes and a beard on threw me off.  That or his obsession with Ostriches.  He has a good line in the movie though. 

"Hey! Hey, over here! HA! You know what they say about men with big swords?
[snickers and wiggles a bent pinky finger]

The story was very good and you didn't lose track of what was going on.  If you're wanting action though, this is more story line based that fighting.  It does have some good scenes on fighting that are enjoyable but it's not an action flick if that is what you're looking for.

Hopefully everyone will enjoy the movie like me but a lot won't.  Watch it and see for yourself before you knock it.

No comments:

Post a Comment