Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kingdom Rush

Kingdom Rush is the game I mentioned at the end of my last post.  I had read a review from a website and it just caught my attention.  I finally remembered to download it and it was 66% off this week.  So I picked it up for .99 cent.  Can't beat that for a game.

Kingdom Rush is another tower defense game but it is very impressive.  You have your towers and your roads.  You have an archer tower with 2 guys on top shooting, a barracks with 3 guys that come out to block the road, a Wizard's tower with one Wizard standing on it, artillery damage which is a massive cannon, a meteor strike to rain down terror, and recruits (farmers if you must) that you can keep putting down to help out.

I'm only 4 sections deep into the game.  On each part you have a Campaign mode, Heroic mode, and an Iron Challenge mode.  Campaign is obviously the story for playing through the game.  However, you must get 3 starts to unlock the other two modes on each part.  Both Heroic and Iron Challenge are hard to beat.  I did them all on the first two parts of the map, however, the next 2, I have only been able to beat the campaign.  The game has upgrades, so I'm going to progress some so I can upgrade my units in hopes that it will help me but depending on where you are in the campaign the game limits how how a tower and which towers you can use. 

Most tower defense games you can mostly breeze through until you get close to the end.  This one is getting hard already at the beginning so it's going to be a struggle to actually get all 70 stars in the game.

The game through in achievements as well so you can work towards those as well.  I'm up to 11 so far.

The only other tower defense game I've played that has gotten hard is Jelly Defense.  I love the colors in that game for the way they made them stand out.  The game play is good and you have to learn a good strategy in that game as well as this one.  Without it, you will lose for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment