Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Spice Invaders

Before my trip to Colorado Springs a couple weeks ago, I had grabbed a new iPad game that was up on the front page for suggestions.  It was called Spice Invaders and it's a tower defense game.  Well, on the plane ride over, I loaded it up and I played through the first few boards.  It was fun but I stopped because you have to be online for it to register and update your experience to get your rewards.

So later on that night at the hotel, I fired it back up and collected all my stuff and went up a level.  So I started running through the boards and there are different ways to actually play each board.  So that helps spread out the games for beating it different ways.

One way was actually playing online.  So I load it up and randomly get someone else that is online playing and end up in a tie during the match.  It's easy enough to win the first 2 boards as it's 1vs1.

So I go back to clearing out the Americas and beat each of the ones that I could and the last one that opened up was set to hard.  Well I haven't been able to beat it and I thought I needed it cross over to Africa.  Just realized that I have it opened so I can continue on.  Guess it was my level that needed to go up for me to move on.

Here is what is pulling me back into the game even more.  I decided to do the 3rd map for the multiplayer aspect of the game.  It threw me off at first as it showed 5 slots.  Well 5 slots was no lie.  5 people trying to defend and take out every one elses guys coming out all at the same time.  It's mass chaos and I have won yet.  However it is fun and I'm still trying to grasp exactly how to place my pieces down as you have to be quick or you don't get any.  I can tell I need to level up as once all the places are taken, all you can do is level up your pieces.  Doesn't do much good when you've stopped and people around you are still upgrading to a higher level.

So I'm definitely going to have to play more to level up and get some more spice to upgrade my towers to have a slightly better chance of staying in the game longer for a win.

However, I had read about another tower defense game that I started playing as it went on sale this week for .99 cent so I'll try to post about that as it's a very good game as well.  It's also very hard.  So more to come on my next post for that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment